A cloud readiness assessment provides an organization with the clarity and concrete steps required to successfully adopt cloud. The primary goal of a cloud readiness assessment is to provide you with a score of your application workloads and a list of applications that can be moved to the cloud smoothly, following a prescriptive cloud application assessment process.
At the end of each assessment, migration efficiency ratings (see chart below) are used to evaluate your workloads on 3 parameters i.e. infrastructure availability, workload compatibility and the effort required to Cloud-enable your Infra.
Under Architecture StudyWe interact with management, line of business, and IT teams to gather knowledge about their business and its application and infrastructure environment. When possible, we interact directly with their services – logging directly onto systems. Our business requirements evaluation includes:
- Determine if an application is feasible for Cloud
- If feasible, determine which Cloud options are viable (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS)
- Determine if public or private CloudBelow table summarizes study of high-level aspects under both categories.
- Identify applications that can be retired and/or consolidated
- If selected for migration, determine appropriate migration pattern (re-host, remediate, or re-platform)
- Estimate rough level of migration effort and define preliminary business case
- Define initial migration roadmap